Background & Purpose
The CAHSPR Health Human Resources theme group is a subgroup of CAHSPR’s broader membership comprised of researchers, decision-makers, policy makers, health professionals, and others who share an interest in health human resources research and policy.
Our mission is to 1) facilitate networking, knowledge exchange and collaboration among individuals and organizations who have an interest in health human resources research, policy and planning; and 2) to elevate the profile, and improve the dissemination, of health human resources research and policy development at the CAHSPR conference and within the broader CAHSPR community.
Specific objectives of the Health Human Resources theme group are as follows:
- To create an active network of researchers, practitioners, and decision- and policy-makers who have an interest in health human resources research, policy and planning;
- To work with other organizations/partners, to facilitate linkage and exchange between health human resources organizations in Canada and internationally;
- To provide venues and opportunities for supporting communication and collaboration amongst members at the CAHSPR conference and between CAHSPR events;
- To promote HHR research and knowledge translation within the HHR policy community at CAHSPR events; and
- To support efforts to build capacity in health human resources research
Organization & Leadership
The CAHSPR HHR theme group is co-led by:
- Brenda Gamble, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Ivy Bourgeault, University of Ottawa
- Twitter: @CHHRN