Location Mpika, Zambia
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements English
The Volunteer’s Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute to a regional nutrition project led by CARE Canada! The Southern Africa Nutrition Initiative (SANI) is working to improve the nutrition of women of reproductive age and children under five years old in Malawi, Mozambique, and Zambia.
As the Monitoring and Evaluation Support Officer, you bring solid qualitative and quantitative research skills to the SANI project in Zambia. This includes a toolkit of participatory methods and approaches to support staff in community-level qualitative data collection. You can lend your strong analytical lens to your work with colleagues and guide the M&E work to ensure the monitoring system of the changes in gender relations we hope to see as part of the SANI project in Zambia.
A key outcome will be to work with staff to improve both quantitative and qualitative data analysis capacities and how data is used to both report on project progress and for program quality improvement. This includes pulling together key learnings in an accessible format for a range of stakeholders, including beneficiaries.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Provide technical support to staff/Government partners in data management
-Support in data management and storage of data on WASH/Nutrition/agriculture
-Assist with conducting M&E activities on a quarterly basis and support the production of M&E reports
-Generate analysis reports and help in the facilitation of technical review meetings with project staff and government partners
-Support in the generation and collection reports on various training, field visits-WASH/agriculture/Nutrition
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-BA Degree in Statistics, Health and Data management, International Development / Social sciences, M&E processes
Essential Professional Background:
-At least 2 years of experience working in data management at the project level.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Vous n’avez qu’à saisir votre adresse électronique ci-dessous et nous vous enverrons immédiatement un nouveau mot de passe!
Notre système ne reconnaît pas l'adresse électronique saisie.
N’oubliez pas de consulter vos dossiers pourriel/courrier indésirable si vous ne recevez pas rapidement votre nouveau mot de passe.
Veuillez consulter votre courrier électronique pour obtenir les instructions de réinitialisation de mot de passe. Nous espérons vous accueillir bientôt!