Location Calabar, Nigeria
Start Date Jan - Mar 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
The overall purpose of this placement is to support BTAN in carrying out surveys, documentation and presentation of developments/innovations around improving access to quality health services in Cross River State. The volunteer will also make use of best practices obtainable and adapt them to suit the State’s peculiarity as it concerns quality healthcare delivery. The Research Advisor will be helpful in supporting the development/strengthening of the Organization’s archiving system (both electronic and hard copies).
As a volunteer, you will:
-Support the development/strengthening modalities for collaboration and coordination amongst stakeholders working towards achieving Access to Quality Health Services (AQHS) - SDGs 3.
-Development of tracking and reporting tools for SDGs 3 implementation to guide policy.
-Support dissemination of reports on both print and social media platforms.
-Undertake research and documentation of the gains and gaps of MDGs 4, 5 and 6 (Healthcare related goals) in Cross River State.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or its/equivalent in health, research, social science or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
-Demonstrated skill in research methodology in related areas.
- Knowledge of SDGs and emerging issues.
-Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; strong team member skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
About Our Partner
Budget Transparency and Accountability Initiative Nigeria
Budget Transparency and Accountability Initiative Nigeria is a network of over 40 civil society organizations established in 2003 to encourage accountable public-sector budgeting through monitoring, analysis and advocacy. The network is composed of formal organizations and civil society organizations at the local level.
The organization’s major strength is working with groups and professionals in the areas of health, legislative advocacy and policy analysis.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Vous n’avez qu’à saisir votre adresse électronique ci-dessous et nous vous enverrons immédiatement un nouveau mot de passe!
Notre système ne reconnaît pas l'adresse électronique saisie.
N’oubliez pas de consulter vos dossiers pourriel/courrier indésirable si vous ne recevez pas rapidement votre nouveau mot de passe.
Veuillez consulter votre courrier électronique pour obtenir les instructions de réinitialisation de mot de passe. Nous espérons vous accueillir bientôt!