This position is part of the Strategy, Knowledge Management & Delivery Division of the Partnership, headed by the Vice President. This Division oversees and integrates the Strategy, Evaluation and Analysis, Knowledge Management, Delivery Management, Corporate Communications and Public Outreach and Engagement functions to support and drive the Partnership’s overall effectiveness against its key goals and outcomes. The responsibilities of this Division also include advancing progress of the First Nation, Inuit and Métis strategy through active engagement and involvement with key partners and stakeholders. As well, the Division is responsible for strategy development and for measuring progress of the strategy through the development of common performance and evaluation tools and methods. Putting data to work in a systematic way, this Division supports and fosters the development of an outcome-driven performance culture, both within the organization and with partners, across the broader health system.
Overview of Role
Reporting jointly to the Manager, Analytics and Surveillance & Senior Biostatistician and the Program Manager, Economics and Cancer Risk Management Platform (CRM), the Analyst, Analytic Capacity and Cancer Risk Management is accountable for driving the work within the Analytic Capacity Building Initiative and providing support to CRM. This role will work with stakeholders across Canada to identify cancer-specific analytic needs, develop tactics and resources, such as training materials, to address these needs. The role also entails supporting the CRM and increasing the models’ adoption and use in policy-making by developing training materials and case studies, as well as contributing to an economic assessment of cancer burden using the model.The role is weighted towards 2/3 focused on analytics and 1/3 on CRM.
· Coordinate and support a working group that will help define and inform work within Analytic Capacity Building
· Work with partners such as Statistics Canada, PHAC, CIHI to identify and develop areas of collaboration within capacity building
· Conduct assessment of cancer-specific analytic needs of provincial partners and inventory existing analytic resources and programs
· Work with selected universities/colleges to develop a work placement program between graduate students and provincial cancer agencies or their equivalent
· Lead the development of on-line training modules, webinar series, workshops and analytic conferences
Essential Skills and Attributes
· Strong ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partners and colleagues
· Strong organizational, process development and project management/coordination skills
· Excellent research, analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
· Excellent technical skills with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
· A commitment to collaboration and shared accountability
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience of health sector issues/challenges, preferably cancer
Experience and Education
· Masters degree in epidemiology, public health, MIS, health economics or related field
· 3-5 years relevant experience
· Previous experience in a role requiring external stakeholder management
· Experience analyzing and interpreting health data, preferably cancer
· Experience in knowledge transfer of technical concepts to both technical and non technical audiences
· Experience using data and information to inform health policy
· Experience developing analytic training materials
· Experience and/or knowledge of health economics, preferably health technology assessment in cancer
· Experience working with provincial, national, and international cancer organizations and professional associations
· Experience working with or knowledge of cancer registry data an asset
Vous n’avez qu’à saisir votre adresse électronique ci-dessous et nous vous enverrons immédiatement un nouveau mot de passe!
Notre système ne reconnaît pas l'adresse électronique saisie.
N’oubliez pas de consulter vos dossiers pourriel/courrier indésirable si vous ne recevez pas rapidement votre nouveau mot de passe.
Veuillez consulter votre courrier électronique pour obtenir les instructions de réinitialisation de mot de passe. Nous espérons vous accueillir bientôt!