One Doctoral & One Master’s Trainee
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Deadline: June 28, 2019 4:00:00 pm
Trainee Opportunity: Multi-Disciplinary Program for one Doctoral & Master’s Trainee
May 22 2019
This training opportunity involves pragmatic real world studies in understanding processes and system changes associated with hepatitis C elimination in Canadian jurisdictions. Two positions, one PhD and one Masters, are available.
- The study assesses the impact of two healthcare interventions on patient lives and delivery of care at the health care provider and health system level in the context of a broader hepatitis C virus elimination strategy.
- The study will be using point-of-care hepatitis C tests to engage the population in testing for hepatitis C infection, as well as motivational interviewing to engage in hepatitis C infection treatment. These are to be used as tools of engagement in care.
- This is a cross-disciplinary health research opportunity co-supervised with the Department of Infectious Diseases (Principal Investigator Dr. Lisa Barrett) and the School of Health and Human Performance (Supervisor TBD).
Who should apply?
- A trainee who wishes to enroll full-time in a doctoral degree with Dalhousie University or;
- A trainee who wishes to enroll full-time in a master’s of science degree with Dalhousie University.
- 3 years competitive stipend available for the successful doctoral trainee;
- 2 years competitive stipend available for the successful master’s trainee.
Where can I learn more?
For more information, contact study coordinator Jade Dirk at email@example.com
How to apply
Please provide a full CV and letter outlining your research interest to Jade Dirk firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF before Friday, June 28, 2019, 4:00 pm ADT.
Start Date: September 2019 (flexible)