The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) plays an important role within the healthcare system, delivering impartial evidence-based information, recommendations and advice that help decision-makers achieve value for money and improve health outcomes. We have an immediate opening for the position of:
Assistant Chief Scientist
This position reports to our Chief Scientist and is responsible for the rigour and quality of the scientific reports to ensure compliance and the timely publication of reports. This position has overall responsibility for aligning methods, processes and tools with best practices to ensure the continued relevance of CADTH work.
This position has responsibility for:
· Final sign off of all scientific reports. (excluding the health economics component)
· Jointly as a member of the Directors Team, the delivery and oversight of the CADTH operational plan.
· Leadership of a team of scientific advisors in the development and maintenance of CADTH research methods, processes and tools.
· In collaboration with others across the Agency, ensuring scientifically sound and high quality reports to meet the needs of our customers.
· Development and delivery of strategic initiatives, papers or special projects for CADTH. This may include ‘white paper’ briefs that are the foundation of future CADTH activities with CADTH stakeholders and partners in Canada and internationally, and methodology reports and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
· Delivery of technical education and training for CADTH staff and external clients.
The Assistant Chief Scientist establishes and fosters alliances with a wide range of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) producers and experts to gather and share HTA information and expertise, and with CADTH panels and committees to promote and align CADTH’s methods, processes, and approaches. Representing CADTH by delivering presentations and participating in workshops and conferences, locally, provincially, nationally and internationally create opportunity for collaboration, as well as interest and trust in CADTH’s expert recommendations, products and services.
You have a Doctoral degree in a health-related discipline such as epidemiology, pharmacology or biostatistics or you are an MD with a graduate research degree, and bring at least 8-10 years of relevant health sector experience. You have broad knowledge and experience in health services research which includes in-depth knowledge of research methods used in the development and application of health technology assessments. This is complemented by an understanding of the structure and organization of the Canadian health care system and the inter-relationship of players in the system.
You plan for and meet deliverables at strategic and operational levels. You demonstrate sound judgment. You are open to new methods and processes, and are dedicated to the delivery of relevant and credible products and services. You have the proven ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment and to establish credibility, trust and collaborative working relationships. Listening, problem solving, negotiating and facilitating describe your approach. You are experienced in leading professional staff in a way that engages and empowers. You are a skilful communicator, presenter, and writer. Experience working on a pan-Canadian program, and bilingualism would be additional assets you bring to this role.
To apply for this opportunity, visit the career section of our website at www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application by end of the business day on May 18, 2012.