Chair : Applied Public Health
Deadline: October 30, 2013 11:59:00 pm
Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and CIHR-Institute of Population and Public Health
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the CIHR-Institute of Population and Public Health are re-launching the Applied Public Health Chairs Program which will target specific population and public health research priorities that align with other strategic initiatives (e.g. CIHR Signature Initiatives, partner priorities, evidence needs of policy makers) to maximize synergies and impact.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Support high quality programs of population health intervention research that contribute to new knowledge to improve health and health equity across the life course;
- Stimulate the application of innovative theories, methods and approaches in research and knowledge translation that promote reciprocal learning within and between countries;
- Catalyze interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral collaborations between researchers and knowledge users that contribute to evidence-informed decision-making and use of knowledge by public health and other sectors; and,
- Mentor the current and next generation of population and public health researchers (in particular post-doctoral fellows and early career researchers), practitioners and policy makers from a range of disciplines and sectors.
All applications must focus on programs of population health intervention research to promote health and health equity. Additional research areas of interest to partners include:
- Community-Based Primary Health Care
- Environments and health
- Population and public health economics
- Boys and men’s health
- Mental Health Promotion across the Life Course with a Focus on Children, Youth and Families
- Healthy Aging
- Healthy Weights
- E-Health Innovations
New Investigator Salary Award & Applied Public Health Chair – CBPHC Webinar
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
1:30 – 2:30 PM (Eastern Time)
Please register online.
Contact Emma Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.