BC Ministry of Health
Senior Policy Analyst
Salary $67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
3 positions available
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise and project management skills to support B.C.'s strategic shift to an integrated system of health care.
As the Senior Policy Analyst, you will lead health policy and program improvement projects across all existing program areas to ensure alignment with strategic priorities, continuous improvement and effective program management. Focusing on compensation policy and programs that support the Ministry’s primary health care strategic policy direction, you will analyze and identify social, economic, legal and political issues associated with program objectives, assess competing and/or conflicting priorities, identify risks and issues, and recommend strategic policy alternatives or significant changes to program operations or service delivery.
The Workforce Compensation, Agreements and Beneficiary Services Division (WCABSC) leads provincial health care workforce strategies that enable and support the Ministry of Health’s overall strategic direction for the health system.
The Compensation Policy and Programs Branch (CPPB) in WCABSC is responsible for provincial leadership in the stewardship of almost $4 billion in annual expenditure on compensation for physicians and other health care workers. CPPB is leading the development and implementation of a suite of compensation models for physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and other health care providers that support team-based primary care. The branch works closely with key stakeholders such as the Medical Services Commission, health authorities, the Health Employers’ Association of BC, Doctors of BC, professional associations and unions, alternative service delivery providers, and other organizations to ensure that these programs provide real and measurable value for both patients and taxpayers.
If you are skilled in developing policy and project management as well as experienced in working in a multi-faceted stakeholder environment, then this opportunity is for you.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, or related degree and a minimum of 3 years of related* experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and 5 years of related* experience may be considered.
• Preference may be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, or related degree.
*Related experience must include:
• Experience developing policy, regulation, and/or legislation.
• Experience managing projects and/or project components in a multi-faceted stakeholder environment.
• Experience writing for an executive/senior-level leadership audience (examples include reports, policy concept papers, presentations, briefing notes).
• Preference may be given to applicants with experience working with complex compensation methods and contract management.
• Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the health sector.
For more information and to apply online by October 21, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54233
Simply enter your email address below and we'll send you a new password right away!
The email address you entered does not exist in our system.
Please remember to check your junk/spam folders if you don't receive your new password promptly.
Please check you email for the password reset instructions. We hope you'll join us soon!