Manager, Primary Healthcare Administration- Government Services
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Deadline: April 03, 2017 12:00:00 am
Are you looking for a positive work environment where you are encouraged to maintain a healthy work-life balance? Alberta Blue Cross is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our growing Government Services department. We are proud of our reputation as an award-winning employer and are looking for career-minded individuals who want to grow and develop with a company who is an industry leader in Alberta. Alberta Blue Cross stresses the importance of strong values and a balance between work and family.
Reporting to the Vice President of Government Services, the Manager of Primary Health Care Administration will be an expert resource and source of leadership in providing administration services to Alberta Health and other key stakeholders, in their development of primary health care services and products for Albertan’s. The Manager will showcase Alberta Blue Cross’s expertise and value in primary health care administration program management and be part of a team who delivers and works with internal and external stakeholders. This position is located in the Edmonton office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works directly with the VP of Government Services to identify and formalize healthcare opportunities in alignment with the Alberta Blue Cross strategy.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to senior management to support the engagement and development of innovative and competitive health related strategies and products.
- Advises and supports internal and external stakeholders on issues related to the management of various programs and services related to this area. Based on a solid understanding of the health care system, specifically primary health care, the Manager continually monitors the environment in order to proactively identify issues which could affect Alberta Blue Cross’s management strategies.
- Builds relationships with strategic healthcare partners and identifies innovative new services and partnerships for Alberta Blue Cross plan sponsors and/or key stakeholders.
- Involved in researching issues thoroughly and developing insightful and workable recommendations.
- Contribute to a departmental team to develop and implement strategies, policy reviews, and research initiatives.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and enhancement of relationships with Alberta Blue Cross key stakeholders in alignment with strategic goals
- Liaise directly with the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association representatives.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of five years of related work experience in health related areas like primary health care and stakeholder relations, and possess a health services related post-secondary education such as Bachelor of Science, Nursing or a Masters of Public Health.
- Education or experience related to health policy would be preferred.
- Experience in leadership roles is required.
- Proven skills in the analysis of complex issues, is required.
- Exceptional proficiency in developing and maintaining positive customer relationships over extended periods of time.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven commitment to providing superior levels of customer support.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health care processes, health care policies and the political environment.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until April 3, 2017. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca/careers .