Job Term: 2 Permanent
Job Code: 5A008 - ProgPlanEval05
Salary: $64,605.00 - $90,300.00 Per Year
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 72151
Are you innovative with a strong background in health analysis?
Consider this opportunity to lead and conduct a full range of health analysis utilizing your skills in such specialized areas as epidemiology, health geography, biostatistics and health system performance measurement.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in the Health Analytics Branch, you will:
• Conduct health analysis;
• Provide analytical guidance and advice to clients to identify and define their health analytical needs and project requirements;
• Provide research and analytical support, including needs assessment, analysis and syntheses of research material, and the design, production and delivery of end products;
• Conduct background research and recommendations on analytical methodology, indicators and statistical applications;
• Prepare performance metrics reports; and
• Assist in the development and implementation of communication and training strategies.
How do I qualify?
Research, Analytical and Statistical Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of analytic methods, quantitative research design, and statistical techniques used in health analytics.
• You have knowledge of health and related databases and statistical software to design and conduct complex integrated data retrievals and analysis.
• You have research skills to review, synthesize, and critically appraise scientific literature.
Communication, Consultative and Relationship Management Skills:
• You can promote clear, open communication with stakeholders.
• You can prepare and present complex comparative and statistical analyses and reports to a range of audiences.
• You can provide expertise and advice on health system information products, reporting capabilities and tools.
• You can establish working relationship to effectively maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Project Management Skills:
• You can provide project planning and leadership on concurrent analytic and product development projects.
Negotiation and Facilitation Skills
• You have negotiation and facilitation skills to provide guidance to clients and staff and ensure compliance with relevant regulations, guidelines and licensing agreements governing use and access to data files.
• You can work effectively in project teams comprised of internal and external stakeholders.
• You are proficient in the use of mainframe and personal computers to conduct research and perform statistical analyses such as define information requirements and input, manipulate and analyze data in health databases.
How to Apply
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Simply enter your email address below and we'll send you a new password right away!
The email address you entered does not exist in our system.
Please remember to check your junk/spam folders if you don't receive your new password promptly.
Please check you email for the password reset instructions. We hope you'll join us soon!