Senior Analyst, Canadian Population Health Initiative
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Deadline: January 28, 2014 11:59:00 pm
The mission of the Canadian Population Health Initiative (CPHI) is to support policy-makers and health system managers in their efforts to improve population health and health system outcomes through research and analysis, evidence synthesis and performance measurement.
As a senior member of the Policy Analysis and Decision Support team, the Senior Analyst is responsible for critically reviewing, analyzing and synthesizing policy-relevant research with the goal of identifying actionable policy options for stakeholders. In addition, the Senior Analyst will coordinate projects, conduct research, prepare and contribute to reports, workshops, and other products and activities. The Senior Analyst works closely with other CPHI/CIHI staff and external partners to develop CPHI documents and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of population health research and policy.
- Develops and implements search strategies to systematically retrieve, catalogue and analyze policy literature and policy-relevant research from Canadian and international sources. Identifies and analyzes relevant government documents, legislation, policies and programs.
- Contributes to the research, writing and editing of reports and other CPHI products.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analyses and appropriate research techniques related to the field of population health.
- Participates on project teams as required, assists with the development of work plans, and provides progress reports as needed.
- Reviews English CPHI written products for accuracy and quality. Ability to review French products would be an asset.
- Coordinates additional analysis and quality assurance processes as requested.
- Prepares material for the CPHI web site, presentations and workshops, as well as briefing notes, fact sheets, etc. as required.
- Develops and fosters networks and strategic partnerships with policy-makers and other stakeholders.
- Represents CPHI/CIHI externally as required.
- Participates in the development and delivery of CPHI educational products and activities as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent education/experience in health (e.g. public health, policy studies, or epidemiology), social sciences or public administration.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of policy processes, frameworks, and the principles and practice of policy analysis.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of population health and Canadian and international population health research.
- Experience with analyzing research findings and preparing reports.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to tailor messaging to various stakeholder groups.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Proficiency in Access is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of electronic research and communication tools (e.g., bibliographic databases, web searches, reference management software such as RefMan)
- Experience managing or working closely with a team to support complex projects
- Fluency in both official languages is strongly preferred.
Click here to Apply